ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
Activities of the Section are:-
- Interpret and ensure adherence to Public Service Regulations, Standing Orders and other Labour laws.
- Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture
- Provide registry, messengerial and courier services; and manage office records.
- Handle all protocol matters.
- Facilitate provision of security services, transport and general utilities.
- Facilitate general custodian services to include maintenance of office equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Coordinate implementation of ethics and value promotion activities including prevention of corrupt practices.
- Implement diversity issues including gender, disability and HIV/AIDS etc and be the Secretariat’s Gender Focal Point.
- Coordinate implementation of private sector participation in the Secretariat.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the Wage Bill of the Secretariat and Recurrent Budget for the Administration Division.
- Coordinate implementation of Business Process Improvement in the Secretariat.
- Advise on organizational efficiency of the Secretariat, and
- Coordinate implementation of Client Service Charter in the Secretariat
Human Resource Section
Activities of the Section are:-
- Coordinate staff recruitments, selections, placements, confirmations, promotions and transfers for the Secretariat.
- Carry out human resources planning to determine supply and demand for professionals under the Secretariat.
- Administer salaries and process payrolls.
- Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS), assess the appraisal results; prepare implementation reports; and make follow-ups on the implementation of the recommendations on individual OPRAS forms.
- Process and update records of various leaves of absence.
- Oversee employee’s benefits (pension, allowances etc) and entitlements.
- Prepare Annual Personnel Emolument Estimates.
- Oversee services related to separation from the service (retirement, resignation, etc).
- Prepare and facilitate implementation of succession plans.
- Facilitate orientation/induction programs for new entrants in the service.
- Carry out training needs assessment for the Secretariat and prepare training programs.
- Facilitate Human Resource training and career development (professional development, performance improvement, pre-retirement, part-time, and overseas) for the Secretariat; (xiii) Facilitate human resource development (training, coaching, mentoring, and job rotation).
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of institutional training programs; and prepare training reports.
- Carry out impact assessment of the training programs and prepare assessment reports.
- Carry out assessment of professional requirements for the institution; develop and implement staff development plans.
- Initiate and co-ordinate in-house courses and on the job training.
- Maintain training records.
- Provide information, clarifications and briefings on human resources and training matters, and
- Serve as a Secretariat support to the Appointment Committee; and Training and Professional Development Committee to be formed in the Secretariat.