INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY UNIT
To establish, maintain and update a database for graduates and professionals with special skills.
The functions of the Unit are:-
- Acquire/develop, maintain and update software system;
- Establish and maintain LAN and WAN;
- Provide trouble-shooting services to the Secretariat;
- Design and enforce system security;
- Facilitate e-Government and e-Business operation;
- Develop data sharing policy in the Secretariat;
- Manage IT system;
- Pioneer the introduction of modern technologies in line with technological development; and
- Manage and review MIS Specifications and Service Contracts.
- Collect information on graduates from institutions of higher learning and professional institutions;
- Update the status of graduates in employment and professionalism;
- Contact employers in order to get information on professionals and sub professionals;
- Undertake studies and propose areas of using IT as an instrument to improve service delivery in the Secretariat;
- Install and upgrade the database servers and application tools;
- Allocate system storage and planning for future storage requirements for the database systems;
- Create primary database storage structures (table space) for different designed applications;
- Modify database structures as recommended by application; and
- Coordinate linkage of Regional Databases.