INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
To provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of funds.
The functions of the Unit are:-
- Prepare strategic audit plans;
- Coordinate audit programmes;
- Provide proper financial advice to the Accounting Officer on the use of funds;
- Carry inspections of records of the Sub Warrant and receivers of revenue in the Secretariat;
- Scrutinize the existing system of accounting and examination of payments and collection of receipts;
- Conduct performance audit on appraisal of development projects; and
- Review internal and external audit reports involving concern to senior management of the Secretariat including the identification and dissemination of good practices.